We provide a programme of Careers Guidance from Years 7 through to 13.
St Cuthbert’s Catholic High school Careers strategy seeks to help students understand the range of opportunities available to them in today’s economy and acquire the skills and qualifications they need to succeed in the workplaces of the future.
Careers Guidance at St Cuthbert’s leads to destinations outcomes that place us amongst the top schools in the area both in terms of university entrance and apprenticeship take up.
'Covid-19, automation, climate change - how will these shape job prospects for young people?' click on the link below to explore what this means for careers
All apprenticeship vacancies can be found on the link below. You/Your son should create an account and regularly check for new opportunities.
In an ever changing world, advice and guidance around Higher education keeps evolving. Below is a link that brings to together the latest information specifically for the North East as well as the rest of the country.
Labour Market Information (LMI) has never been more important because as the labour market is in a constant state of change, there are implications for career choices and pathways for young people. It is essential that we keep up-to-date with what is happening in the labour market in order to deliver informed and realistic career education and guidance.
For the latest information please follow the link below
- Advice and Guidance for Year 11
- Apprenticeship - A-Z Men at Work Case Study Booklet
- Baker Clause - Provider Access Policy
- Careermag for Parents
- Careers Education Explained
- Careers Events and Activities
- Careers Information and Covid 19
- Careers progression framework
- Careers Strategy
- External engagement
- Gatsby Benchmarks
- Interactive Student Guide
- National Careers Week - Future of Work
- NECOP Student Privacy Notice
- North East Ambition School Certificate
- Online Apprenticeship Information
- Parent and Carers eBook
- Parents' Pack Apprenticeship Information January 2021
- Sixth Form Destinations Review
- Top 100 Apprenticeship Employers
- Useful websites
- Virtual Free School Trips
- Virtual Work Experience Information
- What next after GCSE?
- Who We Work With
- Work Experience Opportunities
- Year 12 Enrichment programme
- Year 13 Enrichment programme
View our latest Ofsted Inspection report →